- Seagram-Bronfman Business Faculty Research Fellow, 1972-73
- Canadian Council Leave Fellowship, 1978
- Social Sciences & Humanities Research Council Leave Fellowship, 1984
- Co-winner of Second Prize 1993 Franz Edelmann Award for the Practice of Management Science with research team from the Frank Russell Company for The Russell-Yasuda Asset-Liability Management Model.
- Gold medal for contributions to Financial Modeling, Technical University of Crete, 1996.
- Faculty of Commerce: Research Prize for Practice, 1998.
- Named one of the ten pioneers who helped develop the field of stochastic programming at the 10th International Conference on Stochastic Programming, Tucson, Arizona, October 2004.